Runner Evaluation

11:58

1.  In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


   

2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?



3. What kind of media institutions might distribute your media product and why?





4. Who would be the audience of your media product?


5. How did you attract/ address your audience?


6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


 
I felt that there's a massive difference between our Preliminary task and our thriller. This is largely due to the huge learning curve we've experienced the last few months since beginning the thriller task. Overall I believe our thriller looks a lot more professional which is due to the fact that we knew how to use all the equipment and software.
To begin with when filming the preliminary task I used my camera (The same one I used for the thriller) however I'd only ever used it for photography before and so I didn't know how to adjust the settings to suit the affect we wanted or, a bigger issue, how to focus the camera which caused a lot of time wasting, However since then with some practice and a few youtube videos I learnt how to create a variety of different effects just through the camera use alone.
The main software that my skills have improved on is Premiere pro. For editing of the preliminary task quite a bit of the editing was left to Ben with me sat next to him watching as I didn't particularly know what to do. I did learn the basics of how to cut and form a clip but when it came to continuity, filters, titles etc. I was completely useless. During the thriller task on the other hand I improved my skills massively, my joined together clips no longer jump and instead run smooth, I can add basic filters (nothing to fancy but it's enough) I can add titles and adjust how they enter, exit how long they stay AND I can even cut up music and rearrange it so it suits the scene better. I feel a lot more confident with Premiere pro than I did a few months ago and a lot of it is down to either Ben showing me or ditching me until I worked it out. Most of the time I could work it out. Although we did have one editing hiccup in which I accidentally somehow managed to lose the entire project on Premiere pro and because of this we had to call in our year 14 friend Sam who saved the day. I'm still not sure how but I'm very thankful to him.
One of the unsuccessful software we attempted to use was After Effects in order to add a glitch effect to the beginning ERROR message. This part was down to Ben as I was completely out of my depth. It went well as Ben managed to add the effect however we had no idea how to put it back into Premiere pro which we needed to do in order to make other adjustments. We couldn't find any youtube videos to help us or any friends that knew what they were doing and so we had to abandon the idea. Although we failed with after effects this time (Mainly our fault though, I won't blame the software) I would very much like to learn how to use it properly for next year at A2.

7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the main task?







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images